Thursday, June 14, 2018

Why even do this anymore?

I don't believe in fate. I rarely think that things are "meant to be" and most of the time I think God basically watches us make idiots out of ourselves and shakes his head. But hey, that's me.

Every once in a while though, I get reminded that maybe somebody up there has my best interest in mind. 

Today, while I was making sure things were dialed in on the site before Saturday I noticed that the highest performing piece of content we've ever had was a short post from 2012. Curious, I clicked on the link.

It was just an announcement that we were a "go". That's it. Oh, and then my eyes welled up when I read the comment from Paul "Possum"Leiter. Paul died senselessly a year later when he was shot to death by a gunman who invaded his home and took him from the world. He was one of my best friends and I miss him every year around this time.

The 2012 PKR was Paul's last. We rode 2013 in his honor.


I don't ride as much as I used to. I am over-committed, over-scheduled, and have a shit-ton going on. I've have never been happier. The PKR takes a lot of energy to make happen. It's moments like that one, wives like Amy, kids like Maggie and Ellie, and friends, family, and neighbors like you that remind me how important it is to take time out to celebrate cycling. 

Thanks for being you. See you Saturday, Peckerheads. #PKR4EVR

Jay

 

No comments: